- Many Spartan coaches are Positive Coaching Alliance certified.
- AYF programs have no tryouts or cutting of rosters.
- Everyone participates under mandatory rules of play.
- On-field coaching is allowed for younger age levels.
- Individual awards are given only for excellence in character, academics and leadership.
The Upper Cape Spartans are a public, non-profit 501.C3 corporation dedicated to creating an environment of discipline, self-respect and success to aid in the academic, athletic and social success of our student-athletes. Our mission is to use the educational power of youth football and cheerleading to help the children of Upper Cape Cod, Massachusetts: Falmouth, Bourne, Mashpee and Sandwich to reach their highest potential.
We seek to provide fun athletic learning opportunities for children, while instilling positive character traits into the participants, improving academics and helping the children to take on leadership roles in the community. Specifically, the Upper Cape Spartans seeks to familiarize participants with the fundamentals of football and cheerleading. We strive to inspire youth, regardless of race, creed or national origin, to become better students and better people.
- Utilize the sports of football and cheerleading as a conduit to teach children positive character traits, strengthen their academic performance and build leaders.
- To encourage and increase youth participation in football and cheerleading.
- To ensure a safe and positive playing environment for all participants.
- To instill life-long values of teamwork, dedication and a superior work ethic in the classroom and on the playing field.
Safe Playing Environment
- Players are matched by age
- All coaches are certified USA Heads Up Football Coaches, AYF Certified and PCA Double-Goal Coach Certified.
- All volunteers undergo vigorous background checks and receive training.
- An enforced national rule book incorporates standard rules backed by countless studies to provide the safest playing environment.