American Youth Football is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. And is recognized as a central organization by the IRS.
American Youth Football, Inc., established in 1996, is an international youth football organization established to promote the wholesome development of youth through their association with adult leaders in the sport of American football. Rules and regulations are established to ensure that players play in an atmosphere of safety with a competitive balance between teams. American Youth Football is on a mission to give back to the community.
AYF is one of the largest membership organizations dedicated to teaching youth through positive role models. Emphasis is on learning, playing, and enjoying the sport while instilling high moral standards by stressing the importance of academic achievement and community involvement. Helping kids become leaders and teammates, AYF players will learn to both foster confidence and a sense of self-worth that extend beyond the gridiron and into the school, family and community.
Sportsmanship, teamwork, honesty, responsibility and self-discipline are among the traits needed by youngsters to face the future with positive aspirations and confidence. If we teach them positive lessons, such as playing by the rules, our young athletes will learn to live by the rules.
- To teach the fundamentals of football and cheerleading and coordinate football and cheer activities.
- To provide a responsible football and cheerleading program for communities which do not have programs through the school system.
- To promote good sportsmanship, teamwork, the highest moral and physical standards, as well as the importance of scholarship and academic achievement.
- To lend teams/associations/conferences support by remaining NON-INTRUSIVE to local operations.
- To make youth football and cheer ALL-INCLUSIVE, by not excluding participants based on superficial factors (such as weight, financial or athletic ability).
- To provide programs for special needs, at-risk and anti-gang groups, as well as the international football community.
- To be the most user-friendly youth sports organization in the world by assisting organizations, administrators and volunteers and keeping paperwork to a minimum.
AYF members share a common belief— that is each of us can make a difference where we live and how we live. AYF and its members believe that ALL kids deserve equal opportunities, special attention and respect. AYF welcomes everyone, regardless of financial capabilities, location or participation, and pledges to support youth football and to do its best to help build stronger communities.
AYF’s philosophy is to allow local members to govern themselves while remaining non-intrusive, since each community is unique and requires the flexibility to do what is best for kids, parents, coaches, and community. While there are strict standards for membership and participation in AYF and AYC – the community is responsible for setting its own by-laws which may vary according to competitive intentions, climate, participation, school hours, field availability, liability etc…
AYF is committed to promoting the importance of education and scholastic achievement to all members through its entire program. All participants must have passing grades in order to participate. AYF has several academic programs, from tutoring to essay contests and scholarship awards. AYF annually celebrate the nations’ top scholar athletes.