In 480 BC
The Spartan King gathered 300 Spartans.
Only the strongest, bravest men of the royal bodyguard were taken to defend Sparta against a foreign invader.
Nearly 2500 years later, the Spartans are remembered for their courage, discipline, strength, teamwork and their culture of “no retreat, no surrender.” We carry on the tradition of the Spartans, in our namesake and in our approach of developing young men and women into exceptional members of our community.
Are you ready to become one of the 300 Upper Cape Spartans?
For the 2017 season, the Upper Cape Spartans are offering competitive pricing for flag football (5-7), tackle football (7-13) and cheerleading (5-13+)
Payment plans are available, as are scholarships for qualifying families. For more information on scholarships please click here. Scholarship applications are available online here. Email any questions to info@UpperCapeSpartans.com
Join our and like us on Facebook, to stay up-to-date on the happenings in Sparta.
Prior to registering, please note the following:
- 7th and 8th graders who are eligible to play Jr. High School football for their town, are highly encouraged to do so. Per S.O.P UCS-23, Mashpee residents entering 7th or 8th grade are not eligible to play for the Upper Cape Spartans. Read more here. Falmouth 8th graders are eligible to play freshman football for Falmouth.
- Football teams are limited to 36 players. Players will be rostered according to order of registration. Once a team has reached the maximum, subsequent registrations will be added to a waiting list.
- You will be required to attend a mandatory parent meeting prior to the start of the season to complete required paperwork. (pro-tip: join our , follow the Spartans on Facebook and check the calendar periodically)
- You are responsible for required football / uniform items such as socks, undershirts, bloomers & bows (we provide helmets, pads, jerseys, etc.)
- Tackle football practice is Monday-Thursday 5:30-7:30 until school starts, at which point we remove Monday practices.
- The regular season runs into late October. Our football teams and cheer squads often compete in playoffs and regionals into November.
Still have questions? See our frequently asked questions page or contact us.